ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transparency at end of video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick KochTransparency at end of video
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 2:43:25 am

I am making an intro video for Twitch. I know how to do a transparent overlay and render it properly but I am wondering how to make a transparency just at the end of my video. I want a black background for the video itself and then when the video is over it cuts to transparency(or cooler yet, fades to transparency). Anyone have ideas on how to do this?

My current video has a black solid as the background but as soon as I toggle the transparency grid, the black solid turns to transparency.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Transparency at end of video
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 12:46:09 pm

Not fully understanding what you want to do. If a viewer is watching your video, the video ends and it fades to transparency, exactly what do you want them to see, black? That's easily accomplished by placing a black solid over your video and adjusting the opacity at the end.

Also, if you have a black solid as the background, toggling the transparency grid would not show the checkerboard, so there is something not right there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Transparency at end of video
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 5:48:01 pm Johnny says, somethin' ain't Kosher in your comp with your black.

And when you do get it right, you have to render in a media container & codec that supports alpha channels.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Patrick KochRe: Transparency at end of video
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 5:59:34 pm

I ended up getting it work. I ended up pre-composing my original work and applying a transparent solid outside of that and it worked. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved