ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Saving to project directory other than last saved directoty

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
green violetSaving to project directory other than last saved directoty
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 5:31:46 am

Hi,

In After Effect or Premiere, Everytime I want to save (as incremental) my project or import any new files to my existing project, it will direct me to a last opened folder instead of the folder where the project itself resides and I constantly have to manually change the directory.

Can't AE automatically recognize the project folder or recognize the last import directory from any unique project? its kinda frustrating everytime you change project and keep finding yourself manually changing the directory in between project when importing, especially if you are working on several projects at a time.

Hopefully anyone has an answer to this.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Saving to project directory other than last saved directoty
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:02:04 pm

Sorry, no way to accomplish that. My only suggestion, based on my workflow, I create a folder for every new project, in that folder I create audio, graphic, video, script folders. Every new asset I get, goes into their respective folder. The most I have to do is move one folder level whenever I need to get a new asset.

As a bonus, it makes it easy to save the project for later use, which comes in handy when a customer comes back in 2 years looking to update one item.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

green violetRe: Saving to project directory other than last saved directoty
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:46:30 pm

Hi John,

This also has been my workflow up until now but it just seemed better if AE can adopt a default directory structure like most 3D applications (scene, render, graphics, audio, etc) for each project. And everytime you want to import/export/save something, it goes automatically to their respective folders within the main project folder without having to change it manually.

Oh well, maybe they will one day implement this idea or at least read this post :)

Thanks for your respond though

Cheers!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Saving to project directory other than last saved directoty
by on Jun 10, 2015 at 4:00:13 pm

doubt they read this thread, but you can always submit a Feature Request

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]