ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Black bar bottom half of After Effects template project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Deagan
Black bar bottom half of After Effects template project
on May 21, 2015 at 11:37:41 pm

Hi, there is a black bar of my Adobe After Effects premade templates that I can't figure out what it is. The video flickers when it gets to that black bar, how do I get rid of it? I tried using Adobe After Effects 5.5, 6, and CC. They all have the same problem.

Please see image:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Black bar bottom half of After Effects template project
on May 22, 2015 at 5:07:04 pm

We don't see enough in that screen shot to tell. Are any of the properties of that black solid animated? What's it doing there, anyway? Is the video layer we see a prerender, and could the flashing just be a bad prerender?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Deagan
on May 22, 2015 at 6:25:37 pm

Yes, what you are looking at is pre-render. I am new at AE, so sorry if I missed anything. What's funny is if I render in 720x486, there are no problems (although that black bar is there?), but if I tried to do 1920x1080, I get these black bars every time. If I try to re-do everything all over again in 1920x1080, that black bar will appear at different locations in the clip, about 4 or 5 times randomly. Not sure if my computer needs better graphics card to render in 1920x1080 or what. Rendering in 1280x720 also gives me that same black bar. This also happens when I try to do other premade AE projects as well, not sure if its my computer or what.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 22, 2015 at 9:30:17 pm

If it's a template it could be caused by anything, and you might not have the necessary AE experience to realize it. What happens if you turn off that black solid's visibility.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe Deagan
on May 24, 2015 at 6:20:12 pm

Hello again Dave, I have great news! I was able to render my video in 1920x1080 without any problems such as that strange black bar. I had to use my laptop which I just reformated for storage space, ect. I think some issues such as hard drive speed or other hard ware issues were presence that's why the After Effects templates created that black bar out of no where. Like you said, there could have been something that happened during rendering that created those black bars, I don't know for sure but a good hard drive and decent PC helps.

Thanks for your input, it guided me to the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]