ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issues with Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon KarrdeIssues with Rendering
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 1:28:29 am

I am working on a Harry Potter themed slideshow for class, and I decided to make it in After Effects so I could recreate the look and feel of the Marauder's Map from the movies.

I am also fairly new to Adobe After Effects, and as such this my first time rendering a composition with a lot of effects on it. The effects that I added look fine when scrubbing the timeline and in the RAM preview, but every time I try to render at full resolution, the block dissolve transition effect doesn't render. However, when I render it at half resolution, it works fine.

I've tried several things to fix this, including exporting it as a lossless .avi file and converting it in Adobe Media Encoder, but the problem still persists. Being new, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to fix this, so any help or suggestions will greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Video with issue recorded (forgive me for the dog picture, I'm not sure the people in the real pictures would want me uploading their photos without their permission):

System Specs:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Issues with Rendering
by on Apr 17, 2015 at 12:55:55 pm

During preview, you are viewing your block transition at half resolution. AE is using half as many pixels. Bump your resolution to "Full", then adjust your block transition. I'm guessing that a transition height/width of 1 is too small for your final output.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jon KarrdeRe: Issues with Rendering
by on Apr 18, 2015 at 3:14:02 pm

You were exactly right. As soon as I bumped up the size on my blocks, the effect worked perfectly when rendered at full resolution. Thank you so much, my deadline was coming up and I was almost hosed by this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved