ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate a line along a path and apply camera tracker data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Webb
Animate a line along a path and apply camera tracker data
on Apr 5, 2015 at 9:24:45 pm

Hello.
I think this is probably simple but I can;t get it right.
I am trying to animate a stroke or line along a path. Here is an example of what I am trying to do
Mark 1:17sec, what the dotted line is doing but not dotted, solid stroke.
http://highlineapartments.com.au/

Also when it is animated how to I apply the Camera tracker data so that it is in the same 3D space?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Richard Herd
Re: Animate a line along a path and apply camera tracker data
on Apr 6, 2015 at 4:42:04 pm

That animation uses precomps.

The line on the map is simply a stroke effect -- very intuitive to do.

After you've made your various precomps and added them to the MAIN comp, they will all behave as a group. To get them to multiplane, I have a cool camera trick. I can't even remember where I learned it, but I've been using it for years. Here it is:

Make a camera (obviously), and then make 2 null layers. Make those null layers 3D. Note the Z position of the camera. Then pickwhip the camera's point of interest and position to one of the nulls, and call that null "camera truck". Then parent the camera to other layer, and call that layer "camera rotator."

On the camera truck layer change the z position to your note above. Now, you can keyframe the camera truck to move the camera, and you can key frame the rotation to make the camera swivel around the object.

So!!!

What this means is you need to make several precomps of the various title objects and place the stroke effect on the picture. Then place the precomps of the title objects in the MAIN comp, which is where the camera will be.

Return to posts index

Bryan Webb
Re: Animate a line along a path and apply camera tracker data
on Apr 6, 2015 at 8:52:02 pm

Thanks I will give this a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]