ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A weird but (hopefully) simple problem: AE will not accept my color changes...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Clark
A weird but (hopefully) simple problem: AE will not accept my color changes...
on Mar 13, 2015 at 12:11:37 pm

Hello all,

This is sort of a weird issue, and probably incredibly simple, but I don't know what i'm doing wrong here...

I'm using AE 5.5, and I loaded up a project of mine from a few months ago...
In the project I have a number of pre-comps, and they are set up so that all of the small assets and details can be easily color-swapped. However, for some reason, whenever I try to change the color on ANY of my assets, it refuses the change...

For example, I select the color palette, choose my new color, click OK, and then... for some reason, it ignores my choice and instantly reverts back to the original color (the one I saved it as the last time I used my assets a number of months ago...)
And again, it does this for EVERY asset in the project file.

Does anyone have a clue as to what it may be? :/

I'll include a very crude, simple image of what is happening, if it helps.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: A weird but (hopefully) simple problem: AE will not accept my color changes...
on Mar 13, 2015 at 4:27:25 pm

What happens if you change the effects stacking order?

What happens if you change the color of the black solid?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jesse Clark
Re: A weird but (hopefully) simple problem: AE will not accept my color changes...
on Mar 13, 2015 at 8:35:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dave
Apologies for the late response, have been at work;

Changing the effects stacking order did nothing. Unfortunately, neither did changing the color of the black solid that the effects are applied to.

Something odd I've noticed...

If I set the color to something else, say, green for example... as I explained, it instantly reverts the color back to the blue.
But, if I re-open the color selection tool, the palette is still set to the green I had chosen before.
ALSO, oddly worth noting... if I set it to a different color, and then click and drag the opacity slider... the "color" box temporarily turns green as i'm sliding the slider... once I release the slider, however, the color box goes back to being blue. (this doesn't affect the actual Solid in any way, just the effect control's color box...)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 14, 2015 at 11:16:43 pm

Could you upload just the procomp(last icon in reply dialogue) and I'll take a look at the issue.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]