ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

(Question) Overlaying - Animating Object with Mask Path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Kiwi(Question) Overlaying - Animating Object with Mask Path
by on Mar 12, 2015 at 10:26:10 am

Hello Guys!

I'm using After effects over a year and feeling pretty comfortable with it.
Lately,I'm working on a project which involves planets spinning across their "Path" which is visible.
Now , because of the footage i was provided i had to take 2D image , cut Each planet carefully , put it into a new comp - center the mask and to center anchor point,everything worked perfectly.

I Made Masks similar to the paths for each planet Rotation "path" , copied the Mask path into the position of the planets layers.
At this moment i was at first frame , i re-organized all the layers so they will overlay each other naturally and i bumped into this issue...that if it does 180 , all layer order isn't working again,i guess it's the layer is 2D and it moves in Y and NOT in Z.

I've tried to make it 3D and push it in Z , anyways , that doesn't solve anything, it's just pushing the layer Behind something which is like ordering them in the Project window.

The Footage is Cartoonish , i'm working in 60 FPS , 10 Sec comp - One way is to start masking from F1 till 10 seconds.

I've attached the footage Example:
P.s - it looks now perfectly healthy , but when it turns 180 Degrees it gets wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved