ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Question about how to modify text animation preset

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell SmithQuestion about how to modify text animation preset
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 6:08:42 pm

Hello there,
AE super-newbie here. I look forward to getting into the program in depth going forward.
However, today I was just trying to do some quick title effects for Premiere using the text animation presets.
I'm using the preset spin in by character, under 'animate in' in the text animation presets.

I want it to animate from offscreen, to the center of the window. I think adjusting the range selector position values fixed this.

I came across this in Adobe help, while Google searching:
"The text animation presets were created in an NTSC DV 720x480 composition, and each text layer uses 72-point Myriad Pro. Some preset animations move the text on, off, or through the composition. The animation preset position values may not be appropriate for a composition that is much larger or smaller than 720x480; for example, an animation that is supposed to start outside the frame may start inside the frame. If the text isn’t positioned as expected or the text disappears unexpectedly, adjust the position values for the text animator in the Timeline panel or Composition panel."

I'm editing in 1920x1080, so is there a way to bulk-fix this so that all presets match my settings, so i don't have to make these adjustments each time?
Thank you =)

Return to posts index

Kell SmithRe: Question about how to modify text animation preset
by on Mar 6, 2015 at 5:00:56 pm

Hmmm did I ask a really dumb question? Or a question that no one is sure how to answer? Seems like it should be right in front of me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved