ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Smoother morph effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Alayne WilliamsSmoother morph effect?
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 9:27:37 pm

Hello! I'm in need of assistance,

A project I've been working on requires a character of mine(that I made in PS and transferred to AE)to have their hair move like fire. But, considering I only made three drawings/frames for her hair animation, I figured it would look bad flickering quickly. I wanted it to be a smooth transition and to look cool, but to still move as if it were fire, so I learned how to use the Morph Effect thanks to Eran Stern:

This was close to what I wanted, but it still came out a bit strange, I suppose it's because that the frames I want it to morph into aren't as similar to one another and it's causing the effect to maybe fade out into some water like thing? But here is a link to my sample of what I got:

While two of her hair frames(the beginning then the end when it returns to the starting position) seem to morph perfectly into one another, the frame at the 2 second mark produces a water-like wave effect as if it's forcing itself to morph to the next, and then it does it again for the next frame, and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix that without having to make more drawings for her hair. Please help, it would be greatly appreciated!

~Alayne Williams

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Smoother morph effect?
by on Feb 24, 2015 at 10:42:02 pm

You might be better off using just one layer for her hair and using the Puppet Tool to animate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved