So hoping someone has came across this and knows what's going on.
I'm using AE CS6. I have a quicktime movie that is a clip in my comp. Comp has been rendered successfully in the past. I've copied the folder containing the source files to a new hard drive and I've reinstalled my operating system.
I go to edit this project that i've worked on previously, but when I go to render it out and playback the movie, the audio for the clip plays for about a minute just fine then it loops back to the beginning of the clip for a couple of seconds, then jumps back to current position then jumps to another point, all while the video plays like it should.
So in the original comp, I use the source clip three times with it's respective audio. I'm basically taking three different points in the clip. Each point on it's own layer.
Some things i've done to try and troubleshoot.
- I've checked the source mov file and it' plays perfectly. No issues
- I've double clicked on the source clip in the project list. I then attempt to RAM preview it. It plays for about a minute (about the threshold of RAM preview) and it loops/does it's wierd thing at the same point.
- I've tried to delete the two layers, leaving just the single layer/clip and try to RAM Preview and wierd loop still occurs.
- I've tried to Reload the source clip
- I've tried to Copy the file/import the copy/replace footage of the source clip...still wierd loop occurs.
- I've tried to delete the AE disk cache/delete windows temp files/reboot the computer...no joy.
Kinda thinking my project is jacked and I'll have to McGuiver the video/audio to complete the final movie...