ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

My Vanishing Composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim GlaimMy Vanishing Composition
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:10:33 pm

Help! I was working on a project for school and I hit Command+W, thinking this would fullscreen my project so my instructor could see it and my whole project disappeared. I mean, the elements are still there on the left, but the composition is gone and I can't get it back. I've tried closing the program and restarting it. I've tried opening it under Recent Files. I've tried resetting my workspace. I'm almost positive all I did was hit Command+W and it's just gone. What do I do? Please help. Thank you.

Update: I got it back by dragging one of my elements down to the timeline to try and start the project over again, since it didn't take that long to create in the first place. Then, the first composition popped up in another tab and I just deleted the second one. I would still appreciate any advice on what I SHOULD HAVE done, though. I was just guessing and got lucky. I feel like there must've been a better way to get it back. Thanks, everyone.

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: My Vanishing Composition
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:54:52 pm

Command+W closes the active window. That's all it did was close the window and you should be able to get back to it either by changing your workspace back (you did save your workspace right?) or by opening the window from the top menu.

The default for "fullscreen" (maximizes the current window to the current monitor) is ` the grave on the top left of the keyboard. Its a toggle, so hit it again and things go back. Also it will maximize the window that the mouse is currently over, not the window with focus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved