ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking Issues?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexis LatimoreMotion Tracking Issues?
by on Feb 2, 2015 at 1:34:04 am

Hey guys!

I'm fairly new to After Effects CC and I'm having a bit of a problem.
The effect I'm trying to pull off is having the text staying stationary through a moving video.
I've watched many tutorials and I just don't get it. No matter whether I track it in the default tracking program or Mocha, it slides up or shifts a little bit as the camera moves.

Someone please help me!!!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Motion Tracking Issues?
by on Feb 2, 2015 at 6:29:42 pm

Hello Lex. Could you please post the video to Vimeo or the Cow, so we can take a look at it and see what issues may be encountering.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Alexis LatimoreRe: Motion Tracking Issues?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 1:16:19 pm

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Motion Tracking Issues?
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 6:01:32 pm

There is always some adjustment to motion tracking paths. If what you've tried has gotten pretty close, that might just be where you are at.

Also worth noting is that it really helps if the footage was shot with it in mind to make sure that the footage's camera movement was perfectly smooth.

Alternatively I'd try creating a camera in AE that rotates along with the footage's movement (leave the footage as a 2D layer) and then you can place in the 3D text as a 3D layer and leave it stationary. If the camera's movement matches, then that should work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved