ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Newbie question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren MurovNewbie question
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 6:17:40 am

I'm brand new at After Effects and am trying out some templates from third party authors. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my composition to fill my entire screen (In both the ram preview and the rendered comp). I'm working with a template sized 1920x1080 and a "show" with a 16x9 aspect ratio. My composition is long enough but not tall's cutting off my images and leaving unwanted black borders at the top and bottom of the screen. I'm hoping this is just a really amateur question with a simple solution involving changing the size of the template and/or the aspect ratio of the show or how it's scaled when rendered. Can anyone help with this?
Thank you so much in advance!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Newbie question
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 2:31:23 pm

Can you post a screen grab of your comp window. Use the 3rd to last icon above to post a screen grab of your "5" layer, with masks & effects and anything keyframed twirled opened. After you upload the screen grab, click on it and copy the embed code into your post.

Or if it happens to be a free template, can you just post the link?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved