ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rising Text Effect AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex BradtRising Text Effect AE
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 4:22:20 pm

I have been seeing this text effect a lot recently (2015 McDonald Commercial). I wanted to know if there is an easy way to make this text that I am missing.

(56 seconds in)

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Rising Text Effect AE
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 5:29:37 pm

This is an easy one. When you have your text, go to the text animate properties, and insert a position attribute. Keyframe your range selector start point, and then put the value in the position that you want it to change. Under advanced change your ease options or make an easy ease on the keyframes and in the graph editor manually change it.

Next precompose, then create a mask to mask out the bottom position, feather it a bit, and then play the animation. The text should raise up just like that add.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Rising Text Effect AE
by on Jan 23, 2015 at 2:00:51 pm

Instead of precomposing your text, you could also make a new solid (or square shape layer) and drag the edge to where you want the text to start appearing (not covering your text). Make sure it's the layer above your text layer and set your text layer to Inverted Alpha Matte. The solid will become invisible and this will make the text appear wherever the solid isn't. I like this method because it allows you to edit your text without making a new precomp. Then you can see how it looks in the comp without going back and forth. It's really just a matter of preference in most cases.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved