ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video after effects template causing newb problems :-(

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Honan
Video after effects template causing newb problems :-(
on Jan 8, 2015 at 5:38:38 pm

Hi from totally pitch black freezing York UK...

Hands up I'm a newb with limited after effects experience (but I have build comps before and followed lynda.com training) which will probably explain why I'm running into early trouble with a slideshow Ive just downloaded from video hive @ http://videohive.net/item/wedding-photos-slideshow/4565295

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc53/zymurgy_bucket/drop-pic-template-af...

The above link illustrates my problem but here goes...

I want to drop my pictures into the frames but I just cant get it to fit the perspective of the frames. Is there a technique I could follow? I really hope each picture does not have to be individually re aligned that could cause me to hammer the coffee machine.

Well heres hoping someone takes sympathy on a newb who has wondered into the after effects jungle with no previous tours of duty experience ;-)

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Video after effects template causing newb problems :-(
on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:06:43 pm

Unless your photos are the exact size as the frame compositions, you will likely have to adjust each one in the frame.

Or maybe you want a horizontal frame where a vertical one is? In that case, duplicate a horizontal frame in the project window and option+drag it too replace a vertical one in your timeline. You'll likely have to move it a little to get it looking right, but it should get you close.

Templates often need more adjustment than we anticipate. If only it were so easy. ;)

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jan 9, 2015 at 6:08:50 pm

Also, you are opening the photo comps, right? Don't replace them with a photo; double click it and add your photo in the precomposition.

Return to posts index

David Honan
on Jan 13, 2015 at 4:51:49 pm

Thanks Daniel & here the final output :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]