ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects Template Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter YannantuonoAdobe After Effects Template Question
by on Jan 4, 2015 at 10:42:09 pm

I'm am a first time poster so, apologies if I posted in the wrong forum. New to After Effects, know the basics, but its my first time using a template like this.

Before I buy it, I'm looking out for any problems I could run into if I wanted to replace the rocketship, loudspeaker, calculator, target, and spyglass images with other pictures/images/ect.

Also could I extend the duration of the video placement space easily or would it mostly likely be done through time remapping?

If anyone has experience with this template or anything like it, any tips or would be welcome.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Adobe After Effects Template Question
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 12:48:54 pm

"Easily adjust and change the parts", seems to address your concern about it. For the most part, templates are made to be individually customized.

As far changing duration, if you know AE, it's generally not overly difficult. The big problem, is that most template projects use lots and lots of precomps so that if you want to change element A, it ripples though the entire precomp. Same for Element B. So to change the duration of certain things, you need to change the duration of every single instance/precomp in the project. You probably should look at this free script, rd: Comp Setter, it allows you to select the final comp, make adjusts that ripple back to all nested comps.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Marissa JoynerRe: Adobe After Effects Template Question
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:53:58 pm

There's a way to ask the Author of the template directly by leaving a comment or contacting them via their profile page. Most Authors are responsive to pre-sales questions (I know I am!). As it's been already said, you do need to be aware of the project's structure- ie pre-comps/nested comps when changing anything in the project.
Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved