ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Edit Duplicated Compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marrissa Johnson
Edit Duplicated Compositions
on Dec 31, 2014 at 3:14:18 am

How can I edit duplicated compositions within my main composition, without changing all of my compositions?

I have a template here and I need to duplicate some of the compositions to fit my project. However, when I edit my duplicated comp, it also changes the comp from which I duplicated. Get it? So, how do I make it NOT do that? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Edit Duplicated Compositions
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:28:26 am

Duplicate the composition in the Project panel, rather than just duplicating the layer referring to the composition in the Timeline panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Marrissa Johnson
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:32:42 am

Ok, Todd? Doing this is giving me the same results. It duplicates the comp but the effects don't carry over. What am I missing here? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marrissa Johnson
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:29:33 am

OK, so I found the True Duplicate script, so i think I'm good in regards to my previous question. But, now I need to figure out how to apply the settings of my camera to my duplicated comp, because now I have two comps, one with effects and one without. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marrissa Johnson
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:30:31 am

Thanks, Todd. I will try it now...

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 31, 2014 at 3:25:20 pm

Duplicate the comp in the project panel like Todd suggested and make your changes. Then, to have it fit into your scene without having to manually tweak everything, duplicate a comp in the timeline and option+drag your new comp down to replace it.

Return to posts index

Marrissa Johnson
on Jan 2, 2015 at 12:06:07 am

Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate your help Daniel and Todd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]