ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When uploading a specific avi file the video becomes distorted and starngely colored, how do i fix this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Awa Rahman
When uploading a specific avi file the video becomes distorted and starngely colored, how do i fix this?
on Dec 25, 2014 at 5:07:50 pm

I converted the file, but due to its low quality chose not to use it. Is there anyway to fixe this problem, thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Kendall Shaw
Re: When uploading a specific avi file the video becomes distorted and starngely colored, how do i fix this?
on Dec 25, 2014 at 8:21:45 pm

I am a novice. Can you give more details? Distorted and strangely colored could mean anything. The purpose of after effects is to distort and color things, usually in a good way. For example, resizing a video is distorting it.

Does the video look normal when you play it outside of after effects? Does upload mean that you opened it in after effects, or do you mean you created a video and it looks different than you want when you uploaded it somewhere?

Return to posts index

Awa Rahman
Re: When uploading a specific avi file the video becomes distorted and starngely colored, how do i fix this?
on Dec 25, 2014 at 10:06:48 pm

Well it distorts a video that is properly working in the composition by tinting it with blue, and replicating it in sections where its not. May this have something to do with my transfering the files and project from anothre computer to my own?

Return to posts index

Kendall Shaw
on Dec 26, 2014 at 1:21:24 am

What is being replicated?

If you are comparing what you see on one computer monitor to what you see on another computer with another monitor, then the blue tint is probably a difference in how the color is being displayed.

This type of problem (the blue tint), if I understand what you're describing correctly, can occur when different color profiles are being used.

If you want to correct the color after the fact, look at the various color management controls.

Return to posts index

Awa Rahman
on Dec 26, 2014 at 3:15:02 am

I apolgize for not calrifying, the picture you are seeing is not the film I uploaded its another file that is located in a diffrent part of the time line. I renderd the files through a program on my desktop and used a flash drive to bring them over. leading to my asking if that is the reason the file isnt playing properly, instead of displaying its own video in place it has what you see in the screen(another video that isn't located in the same section of the timeline with distorted features).

Return to posts index

Awa Rahman
on Dec 26, 2014 at 3:38:15 am

To help you better understand here are a few images:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]