ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Any way to reset mask path shape on multiple keyframes, or batch process this operation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hailie RoweAny way to reset mask path shape on multiple keyframes, or batch process this operation?
by on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:31:36 pm

Hi guys, first post here in this wonderful community that has been popping up in my Google searches again and again. You lot are awesome for what you do, and I already have so much to thank you for!

I am an After Effects novice, but I am technically-minded enough to play around with some advanced features I probably have no business messing with, and just sort of 'muddle through', learning as I go. It's how I learn best. :)

I am using AE CS5.5.

Here is my problem: I have used a script called MaskVertexExpression to map a mask's position to a moving object. However, due to my limited knowledge of expressions, I end up collapsing my mask's shape, as all of its vertices are set to the target's position, without keeping their individual offsets (the mask is originally an ellipses, and I want to keep it that way).

The expression I apply in the script is simply:

thisProperty.propertyGroup(1) = thisComp.layer("TARGET").transform.position;

But I am either looking for an expression that would preserve the elliptical shape of my mask whilst following the target's position, OR, I would like to know if I can perform 'Mask -> Reset Mask' on all of my mask path's keyframes at once. I can do it individually, but when I have hundreds of keyframes, this is not feasible. :)

Thank you for looking, and if any of this is unclear I'll be happy to clarify!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved