ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

dublicate compositions - everything except background missing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamara Reerdublicate compositions - everything except background missing
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:29:51 pm

I am such a beginner in after effects and I have purchased a template and now i want to copy only part of the composition and paste it at the end of the timeline to get a longer clip. I have dublicated the composition, added it at the right position in the timeline in the slider animation and then added keyframes (position and destination?) for the camera as it was in my template. Unfortunately the different compositions were one over the other. Then I have added a 3d level in the animation slider and everything in my dublicated compositions disappeared except for the background. The rest of the composition is fine.

Do you know what is wrong...
It would be so great if you could help me

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: dublicate compositions - everything except background missing
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:50:27 pm

With out seeing the hierarchy of the template you purchased, it's impossible to tell you exactly what you need to do extend it.

You could try contacting the author of the composition and ask him. If that doesn't work, I'd be willing to take a look at the composition. Upload it to a file sharing service---send me a link at

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved