ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Particles accept light

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jul HartTrapcode Particles accept light
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 12:22:34 am

Hey folks,

i am a newbie and already found some good adviceover here. But right now i need you help.

I am using trapcode 2 and i made some smoke particles. I just want to make them to only appear when my light source is shining on them. but i don't find the material optins with "accept light". is it possible to do this with trapcode v2??

Thx for your advice

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Trapcode Particles accept light
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 3:04:39 pm

Place the particles under the light source and change the particle layer's track matte to luma matte. You may need to fudge this a bit if you are using actual 3D lights in AE, by pre-comping them, or using trapcode lux.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jul HartRe: Trapcode Particles accept light
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 10:23:47 pm

thx for your help.
i tried it and it works for a title but the somke particles are always bright. i tried to do the light like in this tutorial with a light source, a white square, a radial fast blur and a null object point: https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/advanced_3d_light_rays/
is there anything wrong? i am trying to fix this for about 10 hours right now but i think i am too stupid :/

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2014 at 11:10:27 pm

If you can save the project back to CS6, you could upload it and I would take a look. Otherwise if you could post a screen grab of your timeline, with the track matte panel onscreen, and what effects you have on layers showing that would be helpful.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2014 at 9:25:16 pm

oh yes it would be very nice and helpfull if you could check the project... i am doing many tutorials right now and learnign more about after effect but now is helping out with this problem....

thx so much :D

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9935201/Desktop.rar.html
i added the video files

Return to posts index

by on Nov 29, 2014 at 10:28:57 pm

it seems that any layer blocks the light, even adjustment layers don't allow to pass any light

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2014 at 2:15:31 am

I precomped your light source, then used that as a luma matte for your particle layers, I think that was what you were trying to achieve.

8254_kopievoncerrotitelv2.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2014 at 7:45:18 pm

really nice, thx man

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2014 at 9:13:06 pm

is the same possible for the text layer? if i try it with the luma mask and all settings like the particles it disappears.

how can i take revenge?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]