ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

School project, Apple fan.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Karlo de GuzmanSchool project, Apple fan.
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 9:50:01 am

I have this school project, I hope I can somewhat imitate this video

and hopefully, I can get the soundtrack as well. I don't know if I should use Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects. I am just a beginner, like literally a newbie. I don't know if I should get the Lynda tutorials stuff. Anyway, this project is a bit of a rush so if you guys can somewhat recommend a template that can do something similar with the YouTube video that I posted, that would be great! :)

I inquired a bit and most people told me that After Effects is the way to go. But wait, let me be honest. I have a fear of using Adobe products because I find them difficult to use, like totally not user-friendly although they are powerful.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: School project, Apple fan.
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:35:53 pm

That's a very high level animation, from a very skilled(or team) of After Effects users. Also there literally are dozens of different techniques used in it, so to point you to a tutorial isn't really even possible, since you didn't really indicate what you wanted to learn. If there are specific things you want to do, please describe and tell us the time in the video they appear.

Here's the stock answer, you need to learn the basics and for that I would say start here: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

One tutorial I saw recently might help, since the video you showed used a lot of the Plexus Plugin(it's used a few times in the video), an alternative would be to do something like this:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: School project, Apple fan.
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:58:18 pm

That video was created with After Effects, using Connect Layers and Newton.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: School project, Apple fan.
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 5:21:42 pm

Apple Motion is a great program that can do amazing things for an insanely low price. That being said, if you are a student hoping to do Motion Graphics for a living you need to realize that After Effects is the industry standard. Knowing After Effects will open more doors for you then Motion will. Learning After Effects as a student will be less pressure then learning it on the job with a deadline and high expectations looming. Another plus for After Effects is the amount of training out there for the program that is free. Just my two cents. The other two post cover everything else I would write. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved