ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Render SLOWS DOWN MASSIVELY at EXACTLY Halfway

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran DeyAfter Effects Render SLOWS DOWN MASSIVELY at EXACTLY Halfway
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 6:02:41 pm

So ive searched everywhere for a solution but i just cant find one. Before i never had this issue but after i started using trapcode particular and soundkeys it has started. Whenever i render my comp (its for a music video) it slows down at exactly halfway. The composition is 9742 frames long and i watched it slow down from around 6 frames/second to 1 frame/second. It slowed down when it hit 4871 frames. I'm sure its not a problem with my RAM as i have 4 gigs and i never had this problem before but now its started as i added particle effects. Ive tried purgine every frame, editing alot of my preferences (multiprocessing, disk cache etc) but i just can't find a solution. Ive tried it with 2 comps of different lenghts and it always slows down at exactly halfway. Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: After Effects Render SLOWS DOWN MASSIVELY at EXACTLY Halfway
by on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:41:59 am

[Kieran Dey] " I'm sure its not a problem with my RAM as i have 4 gigs"

Well I'd say it might be a problem with your RAM because 4 gigs is a very low amount for AE use. My jump from 32-bit to 64-bit architechture was pretty much because I just couldn't work with AE when I was limited with the RAM I had.

Return to posts index

Kieran DeyRe: After Effects Render SLOWS DOWN MASSIVELY at EXACTLY Halfway
by on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:53:20 pm

I figured out that the problem is my expression within trapcode particular, i disabled it and it renders fine. The expression is for the physics time factor under physics on particular. The expression goes like this: (Its linked to sound keys) thisComp.layer("Black Solid 2").effect("Sound Keys")("Output 1") EDIT: its actually because of the expression which links to it (the sound keys one) which goes like this: linear(value,1,40,0.5,4.5) which basically indicated that when the audio is at a certain unity the output value will change, which links to particular to change this physics time factor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]