ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing out images or footage in an AEP folder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashleigh GraberChanging out images or footage in an AEP folder
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 1:59:16 pm

I have a composition that I created a while back and I have some image layers in the composition (all jpegs). For each of these images I have masks applied and other effects that I would like to keep. I now just need to update the images by switching them out with new ones. What's the easiest/fastest way to do this? Should I just replace the images in the packaged folder and name them exactly the same like you would with linked files in Indesign?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Changing out images or footage in an AEP folder
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 6:41:39 pm

That would probably work if everything is the same size and you are perfect with the naming convention.

I would probably just import the pics into AE, select the layer you want to replace in timeline, select new asset in project window and press "Cntl + Alt + /" to automatically replace it. I just like to see each one to make sure there isn't some crazy issue that pops up with the replacements.

Another thing to consider is, if you rename new assets, replace old ones, you are effectively deleting assets, if you don't have a copy, you will be banging your head against the wall when the client says "remember that picture we used that one time, let's use it again." ---just my 2 cents.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ashleigh GraberRe: Changing out images or footage in an AEP folder
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:30:45 pm

Smart! Thanks so much for the help! This is exactly what I need to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]