ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

"Clone Time Shift" freeze frames my layer???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Zou"Clone Time Shift" freeze frames my layer???
by on Nov 9, 2014 at 4:43:00 pm

I'm not sure if this is some setting I've missed, but if it is, it is completely non-intuitive to me.

I am removing a person swimming in the water; pretty easy clonestamp with some manual keyframing of its position and clone position. However, I notice the duplication (who knows if a regular person would? but its the editors curse) and would like to offset it by a few frames. I assume Clone Time shift is the way to do it; it would simply shift the clone source by however many frames I indicate, right?

However, changing Clone Time Shift by any amount appears to be freeze-framing the layer! No matter the amount, it all changes to the same frame, with the clone stamp effect still intact, though.

What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: "Clone Time Shift" freeze frames my layer???
by on Nov 13, 2014 at 3:35:45 pm

I've rarely used the Clone tool and I have all my AE machines roped into a C4D render farm grinding away at the moment, so I can't check for myself.

However, in your case, a copy of the layer, offset in time, shifted in position, and masked might solve it for you.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved