ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ghost frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun GlewGhost frame
by on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:38:59 am

A friend handed me some footage to edit and I notice every so often (normally with motion) I see a frame like this with a ghost.

Does anyone know a nice way of cleaning that up ?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Ghost frame
by on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:55:24 pm

I'm assuming it's an interpretation error, but your picture is too small to tell. If that's HD, click the footage in the project panel and press "Cntl+Alt+G" to open up the footage's main interpretation panel. Change the seperate fields to "Upper Field First"(interlaced HD is always upper field first) and see if that corrects the problem.

Otherwise, we will need to know more about the footage(size, how was it shot, is it compressed...) and all your current project settings.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Shaun GlewRe: Ghost frame
by on Nov 5, 2014 at 8:27:56 pm

I was given M2T files from a Sony HVR-Z7UCamera, just playing them back outside of after effects and it might be how my friend got the clips off his camera because it was there in playback.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Ghost frame
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 5:01:18 pm

It looks an awful lot like someone handled the interlacing incorrectly.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved