ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RE: AE: Color settings: how to change color?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amelie LimRE: AE: Color settings: how to change color?
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 4:45:22 pm

I would like to know where I can find the color setting for this layer ( please see attached link) so that I can change the pink color to blue...

This is the .aep file for reference.

I can't find the precomp with the pink layer. Please enlighten me! I appreciate your response.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: RE: AE: Color settings: how to change color?
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 7:56:55 pm

The layers you are looking for have the shy button enabled. If you double-click the layer 11 "About Us", it will open that precomp. Initially, the only thing you will see in that comp is layer 1 "Your Text". Press the shy button, it's the icon that looks like a guy's head looking over a wall. That will show you the hidden layers, if you press "F4" it will switch to the switches modes, and you will see all the layers that have been "shied". The Layer called "Media 1" has the pink shape, double click it and press the shy button again. Layer 8, "Image 01" is the layer you want to change, the way this is built though, this layer is being used twice, it's the light pink layer and the dark red layer. If you just want to change the light pink, I would add a Effect > Generate > Fill, and add your color there(note the opacity of the layer is set to 41%, so you will probably want to adjust it to 100%).

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved