ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Clone object in background but actor walks past it

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Khoo
Clone object in background but actor walks past it
on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:33:06 pm

Hi,

I'm very new to After effects and I've one shot which I'm trying to salvage. I've an actress who walks across the scene but there's a piece of junk on the ground. Cloning out that small piece is easy but now, she walks past it (obscuring it) so the clone part messes up her dress. How do I mask out the cloned portion as she walks across (and unmask it once she gets past... or is there a better way I didn't think of?

Eugene

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Clone object in background but actor walks past it
on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:55:30 pm

You need to duplicate the layer and take off the paint/clone effect. On the duplicate layer, trim the layer to portion where the actress walks in front of the "junk", then mask her dress as it passes in front of the junk. Now you should have a composite of a top layer(short in duration) that is just the portion of her dress moving in front of the junk and the bottom layer that is the full shot with the cloned out area.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]