ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

is Element 3d can be done in place of Maya or 3ds max Animation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandeep Singh
is Element 3d can be done in place of Maya or 3ds max Animation?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 1:03:53 pm

hi, i am just learning, isaw element 3d, thats very easy to use, is that plugin ever used by professional companies?
what this plugin especially for?

Return to posts index

Christian Schneider
Re: is Element 3d can be done in place of Maya or 3ds max Animation?
on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:46:50 pm

Hi,

basicly you can manage 3d objets in after effects with E3D. You can import this Objects from external 3D Files like .obj. As far as i understand it is mostly used for fast 3d compsitions with stonge use of effects and some animation where using a rendering Tool would be far more complex. It looks to have its limitations but on the other side the integration in AE is realy cool and with the right know how you will get some very professional results.... not the easy way maybe but for me faster than learning blender ;-),

Return to posts index

Mandeep Singh
on Oct 29, 2014 at 7:17:22 am

thanks for your helpful reply, sorry for many questions but i really need help on these questions, please can you help in that too? :)
as i am learning the visual things,so i need to invest my time on important and worth professional product, so, i want to ask, should i concentrate on maya instead of element 3d, is element 3d ever used in any big movie ever? should i learn maya or 3ds max? or maya is enough.
please i'm sorry again for many questions, please help me..

Return to posts index

Christian Schneider
on Oct 29, 2014 at 10:35:46 am

Hi,

first of all. i am sure that out in this Community there are far more professional users that can give you much better Information so that you can decide better.

As far as i know E3d is used in professional Productions too, example:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/main_titles_star_trek_into_darkness/

But as i said E3D for sure have some good sides on animating 3d objects in after effects and combine it with effects it, but it does not replace a 3D Suite like maya or 3ds max. It strongly depends on your current project witch way is easier and there are some things you simply cannot do in E3d + AE or tings you can do there but not in a 3d Suite.

But as i said maybe there is a more professional answer for you fom another member of the community.

Return to posts index

Harry Joe
on Feb 10, 2015 at 7:31:30 am

I am inspired from the gaming playing to game development. I would love to get more of the discussion for the topic. Thanks in advance for the help.

acheter project cars

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]