ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting 60p animation to 29.97 for broadcast.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MedinaExporting 60p animation to 29.97 for broadcast.
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 5:36:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a 1920x1080 60p mov file created on After Effects that needs to be converted to 29.97 for broadcast. Whenever I try to export the file I get double frames and judder effect on text.

Is there a way to achieve this? My client mentioned that if he changes his project settings on AE to 29.97, the exported file also suffers from double frames and judder effect.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? If you need to see an screenshot of the problem, let me know.

Many thanks and have an excellent day!

Return to posts index

Brian MedinaRe: Exporting 60p animation to 29.97 for broadcast.
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:44:10 pm

Rewording my problem:

I made some animation in after effects where there is a lot of fast movement. Now when i export it in 29.97 fps it jerks in places where the movement is very fast.

I tried changing the composition settings to 60fps and exported it in NTSC 29.97 fps and the jerks were still evident. When i changed the export setting to 60fps then the animation became very smooth.

I wanted to know how i can keep the animation smooth, but which is playable on NTSC 29.97 tv screens.

(I have noticed animation on many channels where there is a lot of fast movements, but there are no jerks. how can I achieve this?)

Thank in advance

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Exporting 60p animation to 29.97 for broadcast.
by on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:15:31 pm

are you exporting with fields on/off? that will make 59.94 fields/sec or 29.97fps.
your comp should be 29.97fps with lower fields(SD) / upper fields HD)

Return to posts index

Brian MedinaRe: Exporting 60p animation to 29.97 for broadcast.
by on Oct 31, 2014 at 1:13:03 pm

That's a good idea. I always tried using only lower fields. I will try it and let you know if it worked.
Thanks a lot Chris!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]