ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Liquid splash in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James DavenportLiquid splash in after effects
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 4:18:10 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at a visual effects shot where a drinks cup hits a wall just behind someones head. The cup was a prop and didn't have any liquid in it.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to add a stain to the wallpaper but to make it act the same way as if a little tea/coffee had been in the cup. So maybe splash outwards a little and then drip down? All within after effects/photoshop maybe.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Liquid splash in after effects
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:29:11 pm

Do you have Particular, if you do, check out this tutorial. Paint Drips

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

James DavenportRe: Liquid splash in after effects
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:48:34 pm

Thank you! Yes I do have particular. I've watched the tutorial, it's definitely the nearest solution I've seen. Really appreciate your response. I'll try a few different tests.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Liquid splash in after effects
by on Oct 14, 2014 at 7:20:43 pm

You might also play around with CC Glue Gun, I've made some pretty convincing drips with that too.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]