ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating dots that connect with proximity - see example

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan SheppardCreating dots that connect with proximity - see example
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:28:58 pm

I have a client that wants this ( https://litmus.com/conference ) effect mimicked directly, is there any way of doing this without creating dozens layers (or masks in a solid) and key-framing lines to appear whenever particles pass near eachother?

The effect is a copywrite-free Javascript, sadly I know nothing about JS. I attempted to use the Script Editor to absolutely no avail. It had countless syntax errors and unknown executions.

Honestly, I'd be happy just to have the effect on a monotone background with no text or icons so I could key out the color leaving only the white dots and lines.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating dots that connect with proximity - see example
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 6:13:42 pm

It looks like Plexus 2 to me, what free script did you get?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nathan SheppardRe: Creating dots that connect with proximity - see example
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 7:56:24 pm

I had a friend help me strip the pictures from it so I could just use the stars. But if this is possible in AE I would like to know how to do it.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating dots that connect with proximity - see example
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:53:32 pm

Other than using Plexus 2, I know of know way to do this in AE that wouldn't be incredibly time-consuming. Time vs Cost benefit, if I had to do this I'd drop the 200 bucks on plexus.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]