ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

rounded corners not working on shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Hansenrounded corners not working on shape layer
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 4:07:26 pm

I'm working with AE CC 2014 and have created a simple triangle using the shape tool in a shape layer. There's a fill but no stroke. When I try to add rounded corners nothing happens.

I've tried adding a stroke and recreating the shape layer with different shape but still no luck.

What could be the problem?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: rounded corners not working on shape layer
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:15:38 pm

if you 're asking how to round the corners of the path, create a shape with the polygon shape tool (it should create a path called polystar1) and set the points to 3 in the path options.

then, from the 'add' menu to the right of the layer's 'contents' property, choose 'round corners' to round the path corners and set the roundness as needed.

if for some reason that doesn't work, make sure the 'round corners' property is bellow the 'polystar' property on the shape layer.

also make sure you are creating a shape layer and not adding a mask to a layer (same tool, but you'll make a mask on a layer if you have a layer selected and start using the mask/shape layer tool).

if you just wanted to round the corners of the stroke, then that is in the contents>polystar>stroke properties for line join (choose round)

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved