ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

change the camera angle only on shatter effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shai Ezrachange the camera angle only on shatter effect
by on Oct 3, 2014 at 10:12:00 pm

hi

maybe someone can help me. I'm using a shatter effect to crack a mirror. now i'm using the effect on the video itself, and the mirror in the video is not exactly in front of the camera but more with a slight angle (rotation on the Y axis).
now the problem is that the effect is built as a front camera and when I change that the whole video moves with it...
is there any way of changeing only the shatter itslef axis without changing the whole video that's its on?
I've tried using the effect on a green solid and keylight it but it looks bad..

any ideas?

thank you!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: change the camera angle only on shatter effect
by on Oct 4, 2014 at 1:38:24 am

The shatter effect has it's own camera system, use that instead of the comp camera.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Shai EzraRe: change the camera angle only on shatter effect
by on Oct 4, 2014 at 1:41:52 am

I know that... but because I applied the effect on the video itself to get the mirror effect everytime I change the camera position on the effect it changes the video as well.. as it uses it as it surface to shatter...

thanks for the response

Return to posts index

by on Oct 5, 2014 at 3:26:34 pm

Can you post a frame grab? Understand problem now, but would like to try some different things.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Oct 6, 2014 at 12:34:00 pm

Return to posts index

by on Oct 7, 2014 at 8:56:04 pm

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I messed around by creating 2 layers, one for the video, one for the mirror. Added Shatter to the mirror layer, then played with the internal camera system to position & rotate the mirror layer about where it would need to be. Then I moved the shatter force to behind the mirror and shape origin position. Animate the force and done.

You could also play with the Gravity Direction/inclination also to help sell the effect. Here's my work project if it helps.

8075_shatterfolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 10, 2014 at 4:28:46 pm

first of all, Thank you! you're awesome for helping..
second.. I cant open the file cause I use AE CC and I guess you use the newer verison... can you maybe send me a link that works on the CC verison?

thanks again!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 12, 2014 at 4:35:09 am

That was a CS6 version. Do the newer versions of CC not open CS6, sorry that's the only version I can send currently.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]