ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing stutter while panning across still images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rohrbaugh
Removing stutter while panning across still images
on Oct 1, 2014 at 1:00:14 am

Hey Everyone - I'm trying to pan across a series of stills with fades in between. When I play the sequence, both in After Effects and as an exported file (both a Pro Res and H.264), the video stutters throughout. I have tried applying motion blur to each of the layers, which seems to help a little, but not much. Any thoughts on how I can achieve nice, smooth stutter free pans? Thanks in advance for your help!

best,
Michael

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Removing stutter while panning across still images
on Oct 1, 2014 at 12:43:34 pm

1. Animate at a higher frame rate, though if you don't render out and playback at this frame rate it won't matter much.

2. Move the objects slower so that the difference between consecutive frames is lowered.

3. Turn on Motion Blur for all the moving objects (only helps for objects you've animated inside AE.)

4. Raise the "Shutter Angle" in "Composition Settings"(Cntl+K) -> "Advanced" to get more motion blur.

You may also want to check out: Avoiding Judder in Motion Graphics

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael Rohrbaugh
on Oct 1, 2014 at 6:45:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, John. I initially ended up having more success creating the montage in FCP 7. Just slowed down several pans, which helps somewhat. Any other suggestions for steps I can take in FCP 7?

thanks,
Michael

Michael

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 1, 2014 at 7:05:19 pm

Only thing I can say, is try the Final Cut Pro forum, I've never used it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]