ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul ArgyropoulosMask question
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 2:25:54 pm

I need some help.

The graphic I am starting with is a wall of 30 picture frames. I want the camera to zoom into one of the frames and then go to three more of those frames one by one. In those four frames, I will be replacing the picture with video. So… I was able to create the masks on the four frames in essence punching holes in the wall of frames, and I was able to do the camera moves going from frame to frame. What I can't understand is how to have the video I am filling the frames with track with the camera. It always just stays stationary revealing the dil video as the camera pans around from frame to frame instead of the fill video tracking with the camera move.

I tried duplicating the camera layer and placing it above the fill layer, but it doesn't work. Is there any way to track the fill with the camera that is moving over the picture frame graphic? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Argyropoulos

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Mask question
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 3:33:14 pm

Are your video layers set to be 3d?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved