ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Is After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Biju TohaIs After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 9:30:40 am

Hello I'm the Motion Graphics Lover I know here many of them with my intention. This graphics always touch me so much. Finally I decided to learn Motion Graphics Perfectly. Actually I don't know which tool would be the better and easy for me. Could anyone show me a guide line that really make me strong about it?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Is After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 11:40:15 am

I strongly recommend the following:, in part 4 there are quite are links to two great free online training resources. Also free is Adobe TV

Also, I really like, they have great teachers for learning AE, for beginners, I would start with Chris Meyers. He & his wife also wrote some of the best books on After Effects. Amazon Link of their books. & there website Chrish Design

Youtube also has a lot of really great, and some not so great tutorials, a google search will help you find a lot more...there is so much out there.

As to your question, Is After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?. I believe After Effects is the best program in the world for making motion graphics, but it's not easy, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It took me 3 months to just learn the basics of AE 14 years ago....and I find myself learning new things about the program today.

Try out some of those links and if you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Is After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 3:35:24 pm

I agree heartily with John. If you want to learn AE, start here:

As he says, AE is one of the best programs for making motion graphics, but it is not easy. Plan to spend a few months learning it before you start doing cool stuff. Sure, you could buy a template or follow a tutorial and make something that looks neat, but you are just using someone else's work. Spend the time to learn it well and you can make your own, original work.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is After Effects Easy to Make Motion Graphics?
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 3:53:51 pm

If you have a Mac, you can try out Apple Motion; it's a lot less expensive and it's easier to make standard motion graphics with it, but you do things differently in it than you would in After Effects.

After Effects does a better job of complex motion graphics.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved