ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Close-up book animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romina PowerClose-up book animation
by on Sep 25, 2014 at 8:12:26 pm

Have you any idea, how I can achieve this effect?
I tried with After Effects, but I don’t know how to make so quickly text. And how I can create such transition text?
Also I tried with Cinema 4D (used different textures ) - result was better, but problem with transitions text still remains.
Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Close-up book animation
by on Sep 30, 2014 at 8:37:56 pm

One method, would be to create one giant composition(10240x570.) and fill it full of text, named "Text 1). Create your final comp at normal size and place a texture as the bottom layer. Bring in Text 1 and apply an expression to position, by alt-clicking the position stopwatch:

startPos = random([0.0,0],[thisComp.width*2,thisComp.height*2,0]);

This expression will just move your text layers in different places, each layer will be random from the next. Change the layer length to 1 second and add opacity keyframes so the layer fades up, then fades down. Now just duplicate the layer 20 to 30 times and offset each layer, by going to Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers. Offset them by the duration of your dissolve. Make the layers, 3D, add a camera and do a slow move and you are done.

Check out my example project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Romina PowerRe: Close-up book animation
by on Oct 4, 2014 at 2:04:01 pm

Thank you very much!
I will try it :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved