ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Controlling Already Spawned Particles with CC Particle World?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Ramos
Controlling Already Spawned Particles with CC Particle World?
on Sep 17, 2014 at 12:31:50 am

So I've been working on a project for a while focusing mainly on the aspects of Audio. Right now I got the keyframes and everything, but Im having some difficulty with CC Particle World. I can't seem to find a way to make affect particles that are already spawned, and rather am only able to control what happens to to newly spawned ones, not existing ones.

Im trying to create an effect like the video has done so below with the particles in the background, the Stop-and-Go effect.

(not sure how to embed here)

Rather new to the forums, so if I should be posting somewhere else, please tell me.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Controlling Already Spawned Particles with CC Particle World?
on Sep 17, 2014 at 2:02:31 am

I think that was done with Trapcode Particular, keyframing the Physics Time. You could probably do that with CC Particle world, by creating your particles and look, precomping the effect(move all attributes into new composition), then adding a Time Remap to your precomp. Then just adjust the time to start/stop/ramp the particles.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]