ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

word transforming into antoher word

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arno de Facqword transforming into antoher word
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:05:09 pm

I'd like to know how to create the following effect:

The text transforms into another text, but it doesn't just fade, it actually transforms (or it at least looks like that).
Any idea how this was done?
(also: the text being written, is that a particular effect also?)

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: word transforming into antoher word
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 11:32:06 am

If you mean at 1:20(please provide a time code next time), it's done by using a single mask to write the first words and enabling a mask path. If it was me, the next thing I would do is create another mask and write out my next word, set a keyframe, then copy that keyframe to my first mask. Then just apply Generate Stroke for the writing.

If you have a wacom, you could even use motion sketch to create your words, copy the position keyframes then paste them into the mask properties on a new layer. I tried that with the word capture in this very rush and hurried example. But it should illustrate the technique:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Arno de FacqRe: word transforming into antoher word
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:13:59 pm

I though I put a timecode, it seems I forgot, sorry about that!

and yes, that's the very basic that should maker it work, perfect! thanks for the file, I understand perfectly now!

I'll probably be able to use this trick for other tricks.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved