ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Realistic looking projector slide...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew McClainRealistic looking projector slide...
by on Sep 7, 2014 at 6:47:05 pm

Hey there. Not sure if this is the right AE forum, but hopefully someone can answer this question.

I'm currently finishing up post on a feature film and we need to add a realistic looking slide projection to a white screen.

I'm a pretty quick learner when it comes to achieving a specific look in After Effects, and this seems like a no-brainer, but every tutorial I've found tries to make it look all futuristic and what-not. So I just don't know where to start with this.

Here's an album of the 3 screen grabs for the raw shots.

Here's an example of what I kind of want the slides to look like (maybe a tad more visible):

Every shot is locked, so no need for tracking. Anyone know what to do or where to begin?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Realistic looking projector slide...
by on Sep 7, 2014 at 11:59:43 pm

I would start by placing the image on the screen, then using a transfer mode(overlay, screen, soft light) and start from there. If that's not enough, you might want to duplicate your layer, mask out a portion and feather it and play with with another transfer mode to make a hot spot.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved