ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text animating on a circular path - How to fade in and out after a certain point

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Pemberton
Text animating on a circular path - How to fade in and out after a certain point
on Sep 4, 2014 at 7:02:59 pm

Hi all, have been trawling the forums and the net for an answer, but my main problem is I'm a bit of an after effects beginner and am not 100% sure how to vocalise what I'm after.

Basically, my clip is a top-shot of a vinyl going round on a record player. And I have text (lyrics) rotating with it on a circular mask path. What I'd really like to be able to do is have the text appear as it goes past the needle, and disappear once it's gone round once and past it again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am using CS4.
Thanks

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Text animating on a circular path - How to fade in and out after a certain point
on Sep 5, 2014 at 2:18:43 am

Without addressing how you are going to change the text out and enter new text, the fade in and out is relatively simple. Create a solid and place it over your text and add a radial wipe to the solid. Adjust the transition completion to 90%(adjust to taste) and adjust the start angle to be where you want your text to appear and disappear. Adjust the feather so text will gently fade up and down. Finally the track matte of the text layer to alpha matte.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ben Pemberton
Re: Text animating on a circular path - How to fade in and out after a certain point
on Sep 6, 2014 at 11:28:52 am

Hi John, thanks very much for your reply. I will be working on it over the next couple of days and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]