ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Best way to export an AE file to be used in AVIDE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colleen FitzgeraldBest way to export an AE file to be used in AVIDE
by on Apr 26, 2014 at 1:17:50 pm

I'm working in an Avid DNXHD 59.94 1080i project and I need to create titles using an After Effects template.

Currently, the workflow is export using the AVID DNX145 8bit 29.97 1080p (progressive) setting.

Is this the best way? The instructions are coming from the graphics guy, but it doesn't make sense to me, to export out of AE 1080p when we are working in 1080i projects. Some of my titles, which are large on screen, do not look clean. The rounded edges of P's and R's look jagged.

Could it be the font, the export or maybe how I'm importing it into AVID?
Please help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Best way to export an AE file to be used in AVIDE
by on Apr 27, 2014 at 12:21:20 am

You should be fine working in 29.97, AVID shouldn't have a problem with the transcode, and you will save a bit on file size. That being said, I work with AE and Avid every day and always work to the my Avid resolution. For your unclean fonts, try a test(try it without any movement first), make some graphic in 59.97 1080i and see if looks better. If not, try a different font.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved