ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Not scale about center

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cain Nuke
Not scale about center
on Apr 25, 2014 at 3:51:00 pm

Hi,

i have 2 images that are the same, but in different size. Smaller one is the background and the other one is the foreground. I want to scale down the bigger one so it matches perfectly the smaller one. I decreased opacity so i can see what im doing. However, its hard to match something when you scale about center because the end you just finished matching goes out of place again as soon as you start doing the other. In many other programs such as Vegas its possible to disable scale about center but here i cant find the option. Is there such anyway?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Not scale about center
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:45:34 pm

Objects scale around the Anchor point in AE. You can move the Anchor Point to wherever you like. To move it select the layer. It will be the circle in the middle of the object. Then make sure you have the Anchor Point tool. Hit Y or go to the tools at the top of the program and click on the one that is next to the film camera that is a doted square box with a shape inside. Then click on the circle in the middle of your object and move it to where you want the shape to scale around.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Cain Nuke
on Apr 25, 2014 at 4:53:49 pm

Thank yo. So, lets say i want to bring down the top only but without moving the bottom. I should position the anchor point at the very bottom of the image?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 25, 2014 at 5:17:03 pm

That is correct. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 25, 2014 at 8:30:37 pm

Stephen has given you an answer to this specific question. I'll give you a link to some resources that will help you to learn basics such as this:
http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]