ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Batman Transition with After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Packard
Batman Transition with After Effects
on Apr 4, 2014 at 7:12:58 pm

I have been looking for either a template or a tutorial on creating a transition similar to the 60's Batman transition. I am an IT professional, however; I am still an AE novice so I can track along fine as far as technical instructions. Just FYI.

I've found some posts about the topic but nothing concrete or current.
It seems pretty straight forward to me, rotation, motion blur, zoom etc.
I was hoping to tap some of you more advanced AE users about this.

The application of this will be for an IT instructional video with the Batman symbol replaced with our company logo.

A project file, template or tutorial would be great. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Batman Transition with After Effects
on Apr 4, 2014 at 8:17:28 pm

[Brian Packard] "It seems pretty straight forward to me, rotation, motion blur, zoom"

from what i remember, i think that's pretty much it.

you'd probably want to start of with the video or image that you'd spin. i don't think it matter much what it is, but something that has decent contrast and reasonably colorful.

bring that into a short comp (about 2 seconds) and at the beginning of the comp add a rotation keyframe for that layer, then go to the end of the comp and set the rotation property to around 10 revolutions. enable motion blur for the layer and for the preview (it the option that looks like a little circle with a trail of circles following it).

hit zero on the keypad for a ram preview and make changes to the number of revolutions as needed.

once you have that set, you'd just bring your logo in and animate either the scale property or make the layer 3D (little layer checkbox that looks like a cube) and animate the z position.

i seem to remember the logo scaling up then back, so at the beginning of the comp add a keyframe for scale and set it to something smallish like 10%. move down to around the middle of the timeline and set the scale to something that fills the screen as you'd like and then go to the end of the comp and set the scale back down to 15% or so.

hit zero on the keypad again and make tweak as needed.

you may want to enable motion blur for that layer too. and you may want to add ease to the middle scale keyframe by selection it and choosing animation>keyframe assistant>easy ease.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Brian Packard
on Apr 4, 2014 at 8:23:10 pm

Cool, seems easy enough. Will give it a go tonight. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Packard
on Apr 5, 2014 at 2:15:23 am

Thanks so much. It turned out great!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]