ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brownwill.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:37:58 pm

Hi,

The effects in this video are pretty insane

From what I've read online Plexus 2 has been used and optical flares for some of it.

Anyone know how the split screen effect is done?

Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Apr 1, 2014 at 11:53:42 pm

there are multiple screen effects in the first minute, can you give a time code, please?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jason BrownRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Apr 2, 2014 at 12:11:43 am

Yeah, sorry, it's a 0.57-0.59

There's a number of split screen effects.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13:16 am

Unless they used some plugin-one method would be to use multiple layers of video and masks. I made a little project where I placed a couple of masks on one layer, then used the different modes to isolate the different areas. With the different areas isolated, I used those layers as track mattes for my video, so I could move the layers underneath.

Take a look at my project, see if it helps you figure out the technique. 7319_splitscreenfolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2014 at 12:49:17 pm

Thanks for the file!

Figuring out the technique :)

Return to posts index

by on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:21:05 pm

I've come across a tutorial I think explains it

However do you know how they've managed to have the white come across screen and then rotate down?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Morgan ButlerRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Apr 5, 2014 at 12:24:29 am

If you are referring to the effect at 13 seconds, what they did in the tutorial was created two different mattes which parented to the white line. Parenting the mattes with the position and rotation keyframes turned on, then allows you to keyframe the position and rotation of both the line and the mattes together. So you when create keyframes on the white shape, they should also be replicated on the two mattes that you parented to the white shape, and from there you should just be able to keyframe rotation.

Hope this help.

Morgan

Return to posts index

by on Apr 8, 2014 at 10:55:15 am

Sorry for bringing this up again, still trying to get my head around the effect.

I think I understand the method it's just putting it together to achieve the desired effect.

Take a look at the 2 images, one of where I'm up to and the other what I want to achieve.

*That's just some rough footage I'm working with to practice.

It's basically the splitting up of the image I'm stuck at.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

mearg taddeseRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 11:11:56 am

I have used that effect(cloning a footage and using like in the music video).what I did is,first applying keylight to the green screen footage,using different rectangles as alpha matte(just like ECAbrams split and slide tutorial)and finally applying Trapcode echospace plugin from RedGiant(it is like echo,Ae plugin but with more controls).you can then adjust the repeat,opacity and x,y,z offset....

I hope it helps you!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: will.i.am Feeling Myself Video Effects
by on Dec 27, 2015 at 5:10:11 pm

One approach is to use four copies of the original footage, moving independently, with different combinations of the solids/mattes used as track mattes (copies of the solid layers parented to one master pair). You'll end up with a lot more layers that way.

A second approach that would require less layers but more thought is assigning different grey values to the solids and using the results for displacement.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]