ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PAL D1/DV Widescreen still 4:3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Mark
PAL D1/DV Widescreen still 4:3
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:05:35 pm

Hello,

I am not able to get a 720 by 576 as 16:9 anamorphic SD video. I set my preset to PAL D1/DV Widescreen and the pixel aspect ration to D1/DV PAL WIdescreen (1.46). My composition is still 4:3. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: PAL D1/DV Widescreen still 4:3
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:56:13 pm

Computers use square pixels, so AE uses square pixels too. So when it displays pixels as square, it looks 4:3. There is an aspect toggle button on the bottom of the comp window next to the view pull down window, a little square with 2 arrows going in different directions. Press that to toggle the aspect to a representation of 1.46.

You can see the difference, by making a perfect circle(circle tool + shift), then toggle back and forth between the 2 views. When you are in the square pixel view, your circle will have smooth edges but be squished, when you toggle to the 1.46 view, the circle will be normal sized but jagged edges. In the end, as long you export correctly, and import it into your NLE correctly, everything will look good.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:51:32 am

Thank you John. Brilliant help always.

Return to posts index

John Mark
on Mar 28, 2014 at 6:09:16 am

My play-out software seems to show its outputting 1024 x576i. Can I just make a comp in 1024 by 576i?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:44:44 pm

If this is just for yourself, sure work in 576i, but I always suggest you work in your deliverable format, so if this is going to DVD or somebody, work in that resolution---less headaches down the road.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]