ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Kinetic Typography text with Nulls

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nik ReadKinetic Typography text with Nulls
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 3:26:11 pm

Hi there
I'm creating a Kinetic Typography piece using a null layer to move around the screen i.e. zoom into and out of the text (this is how it was taught to me on Lynda.com) however the problem is when I need to zoom right into text. Even though I have the 'continuously rasterise' button on, the text looks awful. If I scale the text up normally using the 'S' key then no problem, as long as the button is checked.

Please help, I realise it's probably a basic thing but it's wasting my day here very quickly!!! :(

Many thanks in advance.
Nik

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Kinetic Typography text with Nulls
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 3:33:36 pm

You would need to post a screen grab for me to be sure, but when you are "zooming" into the text, are you zooming up the composition, "cntl" + "+", to sizes like 200% and 400%. When you scale up the comp, you are just zooming into the 1920x1080 pixels and it will look aliased. So make sure your comp is at 100% scale, full resolution.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nik ReadRe: Kinetic Typography text with Nulls
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 3:40:24 pm

Hi Johnny,

I'm putting all the layers in 3d and using the Z anchor point to zoom into the text - is this not correct?

thanks for answering so quickly,
Nik

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Kinetic Typography text with Nulls
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 4:16:14 pm

Just did a test, 3D text, attached to null, zooming using null anchor point and it looks fine. As you can see in this example.

7294_zoomingintotext.aep.zip

Either post a screen grab, so we can see your settings, or post the project(without assets) so it can be quickly analyzed.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Nik ReadRe: Kinetic Typography text with Nulls
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 4:24:55 pm

Hi Johnny

i think i have the solution... I was using a camera parented to the null so when I used the Z anchor to zoom in it was increasing the comp size massively.

In reference to your signature, I think I've learned about 693 wrong ways to do Kinetic Typography today :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me, have a great day.

regards
Nik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]