ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE project length

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby CaronAE project length
by on Mar 22, 2014 at 1:14:20 am

I got a project from video hive by I believe Copo and it is called simple clean slideshow. The designer hasn't answered me after 2 months and I could really use some help getting a project done. I'm fairly new to AE and am at my wits end on my own. If anyone with reasonable knowledge of the program is willing to give me some pointers I will be truly grateful.

I'm basically trying to create an inspirational or motivational video with the template and am unable to get the video into the project as it is 7 minutes long where the project is just under 2 minutes. Trying to figure out how to make sections longer or copy them to lengthen the overall project but I keep messing up all the animations how I'm trying to do it. Upon response I will explain in further detail and I am willing to share the file for testing purposes.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies on this matter.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE project length
by on Mar 22, 2014 at 2:19:43 am

First, projects do not have a length. Compositions do, though the term used in After Effects is 'duration'. You can change a composition's duration in the Composition Settings dialog box.

Start here to learn After Effects:
http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Bobby CaronRe: AE project length
by on Mar 22, 2014 at 2:33:44 am

I am familiar with composition settings and duration. What I am not quite clear on is how to change or lengthen the animation within the composition while retaining the original format it was designed for. If I change the duration of the composition to the length of my 7:00 video but do not change the intended video holders accordingly, I would have 2 minutes of animated elements and then just see the rest of my video without any effects. Rest assured I do not just start asking questions on forums without prior research and a solid attempt at resolving my own issues. If this forum, which I thought was for beginners, is not an appropriate place for my request of information, I will just seek help elsewhere. Thanks for your time and detailed response!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE project length
by on Mar 22, 2014 at 12:11:13 pm

Can you just use the video holders as is, and when you get to the end just start the template over?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 25, 2014 at 1:03:54 am

Bobby, if you can't figure it out, let me know and maybe I can take a look at the project and re-work it for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Mar 25, 2014 at 1:17:55 am

That would be outstanding and I will PM you when I leave work tonight. Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:34:46 am

try johnfcuevas@gmail.com

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:00:06 am

Message sent!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]