ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

See yourself live in after effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Colling
See yourself live in after effects?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 11:37:01 pm

Okay, this is a hardware question. I would like to know if anyone knows of any hardware that will attach to a macbook pro that will allow me to see myself on a separate monitor or HDTV in after effects live, as I am standing in front a green screen? Note again this must be a "live view" of myself in after effects with what ever "background" layers I have in place in after effects...

I hope I described that well - if you know of a product that can do as I described, please inform me (link, etc.) - Thanks! :D

Return to posts index

Leon Ouwendijk
Re: See yourself live in after effects?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 9:24:32 am

After Effects doesn't even play back video files without rendering a preview of it first, let alone merge a live video feed with graphics in realtime. I'd be very surprised if what you want is going to work.

I think what you need is software that's more catered towards live broadcasting and such. It may be worth looking into Avid's solutions for that.

Keep us posted please!

Microsoft is notorious for not giving us what we want. Apple is famous for making us believe what we want.
Adobe is the unsung hero for giving us what we need.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 18, 2014 at 10:34:38 am

After Effects won't do that. You could do this with a Newtek Tricaster or similar but those are pretty expensive.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Mar 18, 2014 at 11:17:37 am

You need a production switcher... cheapest would be the blackmagic atem range http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/atem

You'll have to render out your backgrounds / foregrounds first and play them in 'live'

Return to posts index

Joe Colling
on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:27:51 pm

Thanks for all the posts - After looking around provided the links in previous posts, It looks like the ATEM is my answer. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 19, 2014 at 1:50:47 pm

There are software solutions that will do "live" chroma keying, such as TeleStream Wirecast or Boinx TV (Mac).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 19, 2014 at 4:02:10 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "There are software solutions that will do "live" chroma keying, such as TeleStream Wirecast or Boinx TV (Mac)."

I believe Xsplit also has a keyer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]